01 May 2013

WV PA MD NC Fireball Meteor 01MAY2013

WV PA MD NC Fireball Meteor approx 00:26 EDT 01MAY2013
'click on image to enlarge'
WV PA MD NC Meteor approx 00:26 EDT 01MAY2013
v.3 C 2013 LunarMeteoriteHunter / Google Earth
If you witnessed a meteor event please file a meteor sighting report on this site; thank you.
http://thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.jp/2011/12/december-2011-meteorfireball-sighting.html

Initial Meteor Sighting Reports-

01MAY2013 Jessica Coffman HRPZIBAH, WEST VIRGINIA 26369 USA 1230AM EASTERN 8-9 SECONDS SOUTHEAST NEON GREEN WITH ORANGE TAIL END BRIGHTER THAN MOON NO NO

01MAY2013 Tomas Strong philadelphia 12:29 a.m. 2-3 seconds e-w yellow fireworks(burning gunpowder) yes, broke into 3+ parts Te beauty of matter and energy clashing.  One of the biggest meteors ive seen.

01MAY2013 michael ADVANCE, NC, US 0:26:00 2 SEC W-E BLUE VERY BRIGHT LIKE A FULL MOON LIGHTING UP THE SKY AND GROUND NO NO PHOTO I WAS DRIVING SO I DO NOT KNOW IF THERE WAS SOUND WISH I HAD A DASH CAM.

All Meteor Sighting Reports can be seen at-
http://thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.jp/

2013 THE Year of Meteors, Asteroids, Comets, and MORE!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thomas strong at 12:45 on my way home from work I saw a larg bright light come flying down just outside of Pittsburgh as it hit our atmosphere the light had exploded as it streaked off... Definitely the biggest one I have ever seen

Unknown said...

About 12:45am I saw it too. It was greenish color. Absolutely Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Saw something very similar in Central NY, Syracuse area tonight, have been online trying to figure it out. Fits this description-- brightest I've ever seen, seemed to be trailing almost like fireworks (but clearly not that), then just sort of disappeared. Amazing sight.

Anonymous said...

But...

I saw it at 9:30 pm or thereabouts.

Unknown said...

11:50 pm in western Maryland very short and quick lasted less than 1 second. Very short quick fireball with much intesity very very close

malcbx1 said...

One of my Co_works said she seen it. we seat outside in are cars all night BC we work for taffic control for the oil companies. right out side of clarksburg WV. Said it was big and it lasted 6 to 8 sec. She said it was big

Coco said...

So glad everyone posted. I thought I was seeing things - probably one of the coolest things I have seen! It was lime green for me with a bright white tail.

Unknown said...

We didnt actually see it but felt the percussion as it hit .. we are in petersburg, WV ... shook our apartment and was felt 5 miles from where we live

Unknown said...

We live in Petersburg, WV .. we didnt actually see it but felt the percussion of the impact and a gust of wind come through our windows .. very freaky as it shook our apartment and people felt it over 5 miles away from where we live ..

Lunar Meteorite * Hunter said...

PLEASE CONTACT ME BY EMAIL; I need your contact information as you are a key witness. There were 3 meteors and some of you have posted comments on the wrong post. Please DO file a meteor sighting report on this website. Thank you! Dirk Ross...Tokyo

Lunar Meteorite * Hunter said...

Email is LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Thank you!

Unknown said...

I literally looked up over Carrier Library at James Madison Univ. in Harrisonburg, VA last Wednesday night (Thurs. morning, I guess) at about 12:30am just in time to see the beauty drop. Just now googled it, and cool to see I wasn't the only one who caught it. It was something else. God is crazy!