27 June 2011

Rowlett, Texas Bright Slow Meteor Fireball ~5:20am 27JUN2011

Rowlett, TX Bright Slow Meteor Fireball ~5:20am 27JUN2011
I saw a fireball from my bedroom window about 5:20am on June 27 2011 traveling in a northwest direction.
My perspective was from Rowlett TX, a suburb of Dallas, looking southeast. The fireball was travelling from left to right about 45deg from the horizon and at a 30deg angle. It was bright, changed colors and broke up into multiple pieces. It seemed to be moving slower than I have seen meteorites travel before. It lasted more than 3 seconds I lost sight of it after it traversed the width of my window.-Regal
Thank you!

Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you!
2011 Year of Meteors!

No comments: